Recent Times Columns:
- Bonfire of the Assets, With Trump Lighting Matches
August 26th 2015
China burns money for its stock market, Russia burns food as a nationalist distraction and the U.S. is now burning pluralism for politics.
- The World’s Hot Spot
August 19th 2015
Mideast governments that are often focused on bloody conflicts are being stressed by the pressures brought on by Mother Nature.
- If I Were an Israeli Looking at the Iran Deal
August 12th 2015
My thinking as an Israeli grocer would be different from as an Israeli general, and that would be still different from as the prime minister.
- My Question for the Republican Presidential Debate
August 5th 2015
I’d certainly pay a nickel for the candidates’ thoughts.
- For the Mideast, It’s Still 1979
July 29th 2015
Events 36 years ago still shape the region, but that could change.
- Backing Up Our Wager With Iran
July 22nd 2015
We can do things to increase the odds that our bet against Iran getting a bomb pays off.
- Obama Makes His Case on Iran Nuclear Deal
July 14th 2015
In an exclusive interview, President Obama says the deal is “the most definitive path by which Iran will not get a nuclear weapon.”